Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Rome Round-Up

A few weekends ago, I was able to travel to Rome for a long weekend. It was the best trip I have taken since being abroad. I had such an amazing time. One of my best friends from home is currently studying abroad in Rome and being able to see a familiar face was so refreshing and wonderful. 

I made the journey to Rome with one of the friends that I met in Granada and it was a long day of travelling. First we started the day on a bus from Granada to Málaga. Then we got on our flight to Rome. There was this family on the plane that was so incredibly obnoxious but thankfully, I had my headphones and I just listened to music. After the flight, we had to take a train and a taxi to get to our Airbnb. On top of that, I had to register for classes as soon as we arrived so I'm sure that I was no fun to be around because I was so stressed out. 

After we arrived and got settled, my friend and I headed out to meet up with my friend from home. The trouble with that was that neither of us knew where we were going and neither of us spoke Italian so we couldn't even get proper help from anyone. We ended up being approximately 2 hours late. Oops. 

When we finally did meet up with her, we headed to get food because my friend and I had barely eaten all day. We went to a restaurant and I ordered spinach ravioli and it was probably the best thing I have ever eaten in my whole life. After that, we headed to the Trevi Fountation to make our wishes and then we went to see the Colosseum at night and it was amazing. The entire night felt like a movie. 





The next day, my friend and I had tickets to the Vatican Museums so we woke up early in order to get there on time. Of course, we ended up being very late but luckily, they let us in anyway. (We had to take two buses to get there and we accidentally got on the wrong bus. Then when we finally got there, we couldn't find the entrance and we walked the entire perimeter of Vatican City only to find out it was very close to where we started). 







When we got there, we headed towards the museums to see all of the artwork and more specifically, to see the Sistine Chapel. 












You aren't allowed to take pictures of the Sistine Chapel but let me just say that it is incredibly beautiful and massive. The detail work and the sheer size is enough to make your jaw drop. 

That night, we met up with my friend for home and ate some more delicous food and saw some more sights including the Pantheon which was absolutely incredible. The entire time I was in Rome, I just kept thinking about how old everything was and all the people who have walked there before me. It's incredible to think about. 






Did you know that, even though there's a large hole in the ceiling of the Pantheon, rain rarely get's inside. it evaporates before it reaches the ground!




(Some delicious pizza I ate.)

The next day, I went to the Colosseum and HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!! Talk about incredible. Words cannot describe so I'll just leave some pictures. 







The rest of the trip, I kind of hung out around some local spots (di some shopping and karaoke haha) and had a lot of fun with my friend from home. It was honestly such an amazing trip and I HIGHLY recommend Rome to everyone. 

Thanks for reading,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment